- 1.5 cans tuna in brine (5.2 oz./150g)
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup (40g) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 can (7 oz./200g) artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp. basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- In medium bowl, add the tuna, celery, roasted red pepper, artichokes, red onion, parsley, basil and capers. Drizzle with lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast your bread and the pile the tuna salad on top of each piece of toast. Serve immediately.
The salad in itself is perfectly Keto, Paleo, and Whole30. Use a low carb bread instead whole grain in case you are following a low carb diet.
Nutrition per serving: 364 kcal, 17g Fats, 24g Carbs (Carb count of bread included), 31g Protein
Recipe Keys: Dairy Free, Meal Prep, High Protein, Quick